- Aruna Asaf Ali Govt. Hospital is a 100 bedded-multi speciality hospital situated at 5, Rajpur Road, Delhi-54 in the Central District of Delhi and is very easily accessible from Tis-Hazari Metro Station and ISBT ( Kashmere Gate) and Old Delhi railway station.
- Poor House is a part of Aruna Asaf Ali Govt. Hospital functioning at Sewa Kutir, Kingsway Camp, Delhi. This ia a 60 bedded Hospital for the inmates of home for male beggars and destitutes ( HMBD), Deptt. Of Social Welfare, GNCTD.
- A Mortuary Department under the jurisdiction of AAAG Hospital is functioning at Subzi Mandi, where Post-Mortem is done pertaining to area jurisdiction as per the Law. This is the oldest Mortuary in our country and was built during the British rule and the records of that time are still archived. This is best Mortuary facility in Delhi and NCR region.
- OBJECTIVE:Is to provide on time efficient and effective Health Care Services. We constantly Endeavour to provide BETTER MEDICAL CARE to our beneficiaries. Standards of services may be influenced by workload & availability of resources at that particular time. Yet it is intended that all users receive courteous & prompt attention to the best of our abilities.
- SERVICES PROVIDED:The hospital is providing secondary level medical care and the services provided in the hospital are as under:
- Aim : We constantly endeavor to provide better medical care to our beneficiaries. Standards of services may be influenced by workload & availability of resources at the particular time. Yet it is intended that all users receive courteous & prompt attention to the best of our abilities.
A. OUT PATIENT DEPARTMENT:
|Speciality||Day||Room No.||Name of In-Charge|
|Paediatrics||-do-||05||Dr. Ritu Chopra|
|Medicine||-do-||11,14,16||Dr. V.S. Rawat|
|Surgery||-do-||20,21||Dr. Mohd. Shakil|
|Orthopedics||-do-||07,08||Dr. Sanjay Yadav|
|Eye||-do-||320||Dr. Kamini Singhal|
|ENT||-do-||221||Dr. Dhanashree Meshram|
|Dermatology (Skin & V.D.)||-do-||12||Dr. V.S. Rawat|
|Dental||-do-||319||No Dental surgeon posted at present|
|Occupational Therapy||-do-||10||Ms. Aradhna Narula|
|Physiotherapy||-do-||10||Ms. Anubha Gupta|
Special OPD Clinics:-
|Antenatal||Tuesday, Thursday||8 am-1pm||19|
|Immunization Clinic||Wednesday||8 am-1pm||06|
|FamilyWelfare Clinic||Daily||8 am-1pm||06|
|D.O.T.S. Centre||Daily||8 am-1pm||Near old pharmacy|
|Infertility Clinic||Wednesday||2 pm-3pm||19|
|Infant & Young Child||Wednesday||2 pm-3pm||05|
|Paed. Asthma Clinic||Tuesday||2 pm-3pm||05|
B. INDOOR PATIENT FACILITIES:-
|Serial No.||Type of Ward||Location|
|3.||Obst. & Gynae||2nd Floor|
|9.||Blood storage Centre||3rd Floor|
Good quality and hygienic food is provided free of cost to the patients.
Visitor Timing: Summer: 7 am-10 am
5 pm-9 pm
Winter: 8 am- 10 am
4 pm- 7 pm
Attendant/Visitor Pass: One Visitor’s Pass is provided for each admitted patient.
C.DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES: -
|Nature of Services||Sample||Room No. Collection||Fees/Charges||Name of HOD|
|Clinical Pathology||8-12:30pm||317||Free||Dr. Girish|
|Bacteriology & Serology||315,317||Free||-do-|
Radiology: At present Dr.Sunil Kakkar has been posted for 02 days in a week (Tue & Fri.)
|S.No.||Nature of Service||Room No.||Fees/Charges|
|3.||HSG & IVP||110||Free|
Audiometry:Free for All Patients
ECG :Free for All Patients
8. The Hospital also conducts medical examination of Gazetted and non-gazetted employees of varfious department such as Delhi Judicial Service, Delhi Police and around 12 other Delhi Govt. Department/Organizations ( Delhi Legislative Assemble, GAD, GTB Hospital and civil Defence, Raj Niwas, Deptt. Of Family Welfare, Gurdwara Elections, Delhi Gazetted Department, Department of PFA and UD).
9.Casualty and Emergency Services
Prima facie, Emergency Services in Aruna Asaf Ali Govt. Hospital works under the aegis of Department of Accident & Emergency with an identified post as chief of the Casualty Medical Officers ( CCMO) as per hospital manual. The Accident & Emergency services are available round the clock with 02 Junior Residents posted in Casualty in each shift to help Casualty Medical Officers in shift duties. Senior Resident ( SR) of different specialties from specialist cadre are also available round the clock to give logistic support to Casualty Medical Officer. Needless to say, the emergency operation theatre is functional round the clock for poly trauma cases, abdominal emergencies & Medico legal cases. In event of arrival of serious cases, in Accident & Emergency Department, Treatment/Management gets priority over paper work like registration and Medical legal formalities in the light of apex court directions. However, the ultimate decision rests with the treating doctors from the specialty side/Casualty Medical Officer for non-medico legal and medico-legal cases respectively. As per newly substituted section 54 of Cr. PC, a carbon copy of medical legal sheet is routinely supplied to the accused as per direction by the Hon'ble Court of Metropolitan Magistrate New Delhi. Patients who need super specialist level care are also referred to Delhi Govt. Hospital like Sushutra Trauma Centre and Lok Nayak Hospital which comes under the close vicinity of Aruna Asaf Ali Govt. Hospital. In cases of difficulties, patients are advised to consult Casualty Medical Officer and if the matter is not solved then contact CCMO if the problem is casualty specific.
The senior doctors are assigned administrative duties (Beyond hospital duty hours) to look after administrative problems in general including problems of accident & emergency. Ambulance services are available for referred needy patients 24x7 through CATS and it is free of cost.
There are three operation theatres ( OT) in the Hospital viz.
Main OT:- All routine surgeries of the departments i.e. General surgeries, Obst. & Gynae, Family Welfare, Orthopedics, ENT and Eye are handled.
Emergency OT :-Emergency Surgeries are carried out in the OT (24hrs.)
Minor OT :-Minor Surgeries under local anesthesia are done here.
11.FACILITIES FOR SENIOR CITIZENS:-
There are separate counters for registration and medicine distribution and out of queue medical examination by the doctor in OPD Daily.
- LADLI SCHEME
- JANANI SURAKSHA YOJNA
- Janani Shishu Suraksha Abhiyan
- NON SCALPEL VASECTOMY: AAAG Hospital is District Center for Non Scalpel Vasectomy
- DELHI GOVT. EMPLOYEE HEALTH SCHEME
- DAK scheme-(Delhi Arogya Kosh) :High end radiological investigations & surgeries are being done in private empanelled hospitals
All the above schemes conducted through our hospital as per guidelines of NCT of Delhi.
12. OTHER FACILITIES AVAILABLE:-
- Standby Electric Generator
- Adequate Public Conveniences
- Provisions for lifts
- Round the clock Kiosk Facilities for tea & snacks etc.
13. COMPLAINTS AND GREIVANCES: -
There may be occasions when our services may not be up to your expectations. Please do not hesitate to register your complaint. Your valuable suggestions will help us to serve you better. Every grievance will be duly acknowledged.
We aim to settle your genuine complains at the earliest. Suggestion/Complaint boxes are also provided in the Hospital.
Every patient/visitor shall have the right to be heard about his/her grievance/complaint.
In case any citizen has any sort of complaint regarding treatment etc. Then he or she can approach the following:
Head of the concerned department
- OPD/Casualty In-charge ---- Dr. Mamta Verma
- DMS- Dr Sarita Kumari
- HOO-Mr Subhash Chand
- Medical Superintendent ---- Dr.Suneeta Meena
- Harassment of women: There is a committee to look into any complaint regarding sexual harassment of women.
- Vigilance Officer: Dr Mamta Verma has been designated as Vigilance Officer in the Hospital to enquire into the complaints against any employee formal practice/graft, etc.
- PIO RTI: Sh. Subhash Chand, Admin. Officer has been designated to attend to all RTI cases pertaining to the Hospital.